By Glaze is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. The By Glaze team members are customers themselves of other Internet sites and fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet.
By Glaze may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 1st November 2020.
By Glaze collects personal information in several ways when you register, place an order, buy a gift for a friend, navigate the website or register for a service (such as, but not limited to, signing up to our newsletter) offered by By Glaze.
The Information we collect
- “Personal Information”: When you use By Glaze, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, payment card information. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. This information is necessary for us to provide you the best service possible or comply with relevant regulations and laws (for example, process your payment and order, notify you of your order status, respond to any inquiries and requests, etc)
- “Log Data”: We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We take the security of our customers’ data very seriously. We use technical and organisational measures to keep your data as secure as possible.
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use our best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with.
When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners’ to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We will do our very best to avoid a breach but sometimes events happen despite this. Our promise to you is that if they do happen, we will ensure that the impact on you is as minimal as it can be.
If we discover that your personal information has been breached and it could adversely affect you – and we have the means to let you know – we will do so as quickly as possible. If we can, we will tell you how the breach occurred, its nature, the steps we have taken to rectify its adverse effects and the steps you can take. We will provide you with details of who you can contact here if you have any queries and details of the regulator – the Information Commissioner’s Office – should you want to speak to them.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
In addition, these cookies can sometimes be used to deliver adverts relevant to you. Furthermore, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since all browsers are a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
The Cookies used on our online services
The cookies we and our business partners use on our online services can be grouped into the following categories:
- Essential cookies: Some of the cookies on our online services are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie that enables you to log into your account on the website, or one which allows communication between your browser and the website.
- Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse our online services and use features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use our online services. An example is counting the number of different people visiting our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. This allows us to continuously improve our online services and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies: When browsing or shopping online, our online services will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Social sharing cookies: When browsing or shopping online, our online services will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
EMAIL MARKETING COMMUNICATION
If you have made a purchase from By Glaze we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties when you register with By Glaze.
All By Glaze members have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, you may opt by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
You can also contact us directly at email@example.com to be removed from our marketing list. Your unsubscription will cease all marketing communications from us via email – however, in the event that you choose to unsubscribe, you will still continue to receive service emails regarding processing and shipment of any orders you place on our Service.
We will share your information internally but will always keep it secure and have strong processes and policies in place to make sure your information is kept safe.
From time to time, we may engage third party business partners to provide information about you or to collect personal information on our behalf. We may also share or match your data with third party business partners to provide you with the products, services or information you ask for or for interest-based advertising.
Every now and again, we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
We collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we may pass onto third parties, but this information does not include any details which can identify you personally
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
CHECKING YOUR DETAILS
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to By Glaze you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or postal address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
Natalie Glaze at By Glaze is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
You have the right to access the information which By Glaze holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request, and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers.. We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the By Glaze team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org